RS232 Analyzer - How it works
What you need:
If your PC has only one or no serial interface: We offer you our ComTrace kits that contain interface cards (PCI, PCI express, PCMCIA or ExpressCard) with 2 serial interfaces.
Installation, configuration and start:
Example: ComTrace DTE/DTE configuration/measurement setup
- Installation of the software
- Settings in device manager for both RS232 interfaces used: FIFO RX Buffer = 1 ==> No parking of events/data in UART buffer
- Starting Comtrace
- Setup the required number of both COM ports in the Live-Port window for Com A and B. Normally doesn't need to be changed once again!
- Simply plug the Com-AB-cable to the existing RS232 interfaces
- Put the free plug into the middle of the testline cable (9 or 25 PIN in the box)
- Loop in the free plugs of the testline cable into the connection you want to measure. (4 adapters 9/25 PIN in the box)
- In Live Port Setting you can setup baudrate, data, start and stop bits along with parity. This may differ between missions and can be saved into separate environment settings.
- Start recorder via button "REC" and if needed interrupt or complete with buttons "PAUSE" or "STOP".
- Confirm record mode and filename and go-ahaed!
- During recoridng you should see then incoming TX/RX characters and signal changes LIVE.
- After "STOP" you automatically go back into "Examine" mode (View mode/Analysis)
- Congratulations: You completed your first RS232 recording!